WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Types of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Information on how you are using the Sites
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
- We Collect Information When
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Sites or mobile applications.
- You create an ironmus.com account.
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Sites or participate in interactive features of the Sites or mobile applications.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with any of the Sites through your computer, tablet or mobile device.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Technologies Used
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes our content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
- Third Party Cookies
We allow third-party companies to collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Sites and to use that information to serve ads for our products or services or for products or services of other companies when you visit the Sites or other websites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., navigational, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during your visits to the Sites and other websites in order to provide advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These parties may use a cookie or a third party web beacon, or other technologies, to collect this information.
User Experience Information
In order to improve customer online shopping experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Internal Operations
- Improve the effectiveness of the Sites, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- Fraud Prevention
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business.
- Legal Compliance
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Security Methods
- We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Sites use Transport Layer Security (TLS) where we collect personal and sensitive information. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode the information.
- E-mail Security
- Please note that e-mail may not be encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
- Information About Children
- We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children's privacy and we comply fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to us, for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
- Additional Security
- We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords or passphrases
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- General Policy
- We do not sell or rent personally identifiable customer information to third parties; except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share information with third parties.
- The ironmus Family
- We share information we collect with the ironmus family, which includes all of our subsidiaries and affiliates. The ironmus family may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, logistics, or data enhancement providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
- Legal Requirements
- We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.
- When You Direct Us
- At your direction or request, we may share your information.
- Business Transfers
- If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
- International Data Transfers
- To the extent that we are deemed to transfer personal information cross-border, we rely on the following legal bases to transfer your information in accordance with legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders:
- Consent (where you have given consent)
- Contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; for example, to process an online payment or deliver a purchased product)
HOW DO YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE THE INFORMATION
- In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have created an account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.
- Depending on your location, you may also have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information such as (i) the right to obtain a copy of your personal data you provided to us; (ii) the ability to change or correct your personal data through your account settings; (iii) the right to have us delete or limit our use of your personal information, except information we are required to retain, by contacting us.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER PRIVACY
- ironmus is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- For most non-US transactions, we have partnered with third party companies (“Vendors”) that we have selected to help us facilitate international transactions. We work closely with these Vendors to ensure that your transaction is handled with care and all the information you provide is secure.
- In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU or Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield or the Swiss-US Privacy Shield, ironmus is potentially liable.
- As an international customer, when you click on the checkout button, you will be redirected to a checkout page hosted by a Vendor to complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be required to select a method of payment and submit credit card and other information to such Vendor to complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be presented with the Vendor’s terms and conditions which you must agree to in order to complete your order.
- Upon completion and approval of your order by such Vendor, the Vendor will notify us of the approval and we will process your order and cause it to be shipped directly to the Vendor. In this process, the Vendor will purchase those items in your order from us, thereby taking title to the items, bill your credit card, collect and remit any duties and taxes to the appropriate taxing authority (if applicable), and arrange for the delivery of your order. In this process, the Vendor makes the sale to you as the merchant of record, but we are legally obligated to deliver your order as set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
- Such Vendors must agree, via contract, to provide adequate protections for the Personal Data that are no less protective than those set out in this Policy.
- If you have questions about your order, you should direct them to us and not to the Vendor.
- The Vendors may give you the opportunity to receive marketing messages from them, in which case you should refer to their terms and conditions for details about how they use your information.
- Any information you provide us is controlled and processed by ironmus.com. As mentioned herein, your information provided at checkout will be controlled and processed by a Vendor.
- Pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the US-Swiss Privacy Shield, ironmus.com acknowledges that EU and Swiss individuals have the right to access the personal information that we maintain about them. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should contact us directly by email@example.com
- Send an e-mail to
- We will provide an individual opt-out choice before we share their data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, you may submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
- Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
- We have further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your compliant is not satisfactorily addressed, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.